Renewal of Passports of Citizens of the United States of America
Since Monday, August 24, 2020, the United States Embassy in the Dominican Republic has entrusted us with the delivery of passports with renewal of validity of 10 years by mail. Here are the steps to follow and the requirements to be met to use our American Citizen Passport Renewal service with Enviamex (Domex National Shipping) from any of our branches nationwide.
This service consists of depositing the renewal documents at any of the Domex branches nationwide. It is a prepaid service. Once the documents are deposited, a tracking number is generated from which you can see the renewal process in real time. Once the United States Embassy receives your documents, they will be validated for renewal. Once this process is ready, Domex will proceed to deliver your renewed documents via home address to your preferred address. Remember that to access this service you must have an account created in Domex, which has no cost.
- Only passports with 10 years of issue apply for renewal application. Example: passport with issue date in 2010 or earlier, this year being 2020.
- Passport cannot be damaged (not wet, not torn pages)
- The passport cannot be more than 5 years old. Example: Does not apply if it expired in 2014 or before this year 2020.
- If the passport was stolen or lost, you must contact the embassy.
If you are a US citizen, you can renew your passport by mail:
- If your ten-year passport is undamaged.
- It was issued when you were 16 years of age or older.
- It was issued in the last 15 years.
- It was issued under your current name (or if your name has changed since the time your passport was issued you can present legal documentation to prove this change).
For more information, and to view the required documentation and process steps, please click on the button.