The Embassy of the United States in the Dominican Republic has entrusted us with the delivery of passports with renewal of validity of 10 years by mail. We are pleased to help you in the process. Below we present valuable information to use our service of Renewal of Passports of American Citizens with Enviamex (Envíos Nacionales Domex) from any of our branches.
Only passports with 10 years of issue apply for renewal application. Example: passport with issue date in 2012 or earlier, this year being 2022.
Passport must not have any damage (no wet, no torn pages)
The passport cannot be more than 5 years old. Example: Does not apply if it expired in 2016 or before, this year being 2022.
If the passport was stolen or lost, you should contact the embassy.
If you do not meet the requirements, you will need to contact the embassy.
If you are a US citizen you can renew your passport by mail:
1. If your ten-year passport is undamaged.
2. It was issued when you were 16 years of age or older.
3. It was issued in the last 15 years.
4. Was issued under your current name (or if you have changed your name since the time your passport was issued you may submit legal documentation to prove this change).
How much should you pay?
Passport: US$130 (US dollars) or RD$7,800 (Dominican pesos). Both in certified checks. Cash or transfers are not accepted.
You may also pay online through pay.gov (https://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/607957567)
Passport Card: US$30 (US dollars) or RD$1,800 (Dominican pesos). Both in certified checks. Cash or transfers are not accepted.
Passport + Passport Card: US$160 (US dollars) or RD$9,600 (Dominican pesos). Both in certified checks. Cash or transfers are not accepted.
*Please note that there is no expedited or expedited service outside of the United States. Payments for incorrect amounts are not accepted.
If you need assistance or information you can write to: email@example.com
1. Form DS-82
to. The form must be completed digitally and with the required fields filled out.
I. Mandatory fields: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 18, 19.
2. Two 2X2 photos (from the last 3 months):
to. recent photo
b. White background
c. Stapling in the photo box of the form
3. Passport book to be renewed.
4. Copy of the first page of the passport (photo page)
to. The photo must be displayed correctly
5. If you have not had social security before (box 5 is empty), you must complete the form found on the embassy page or on the DOMEX page, section: Passports.
to. This form can be filled out by hand
6. Payment method: Certified check (cash check, bank check) with the value to be paid or online payment through pay.gov (https://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/607957567)
to. NO CASH
b. NO CREDIT CARD
c. NO PERSONAL CHECKS
d. Check in US dollars or Dominican pesos payable to "USEmbassy Santo Domingo"
and. The check cannot be damaged (not stapled, not scratched, not wet, not torn)
F. The check must be CERTIFIED, issued by one of these banks:
7. Divorce Certificate or Marriage Certificate, in case of change of surname from single to married or married to single (if applicable).
to. Verify in field number 11 of the DS-82 form
Steps to complete the process:
1. All of the conditions listed above must be met for you to be eligible for passport renewal by mail.
2. Then, proceed with sending your application with all the required documents through Domex to the following address:
US Embassy Santo Domingo Passport & Citizenship Unit, Av. República de Colombia #57, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
3. Lastly, you will need to wait three (3) weeks for your application to be processed and for you to receive a new passport at the address where you applied through Domex.
4. Important: in order to receive your passport you must present the invoice to our courier at the time of delivery.